Monday, March 31, 2008

AT SEA, Monday, March 31

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! When I left the room, there were balloons on the door. I didn't exercise today (for the 1st time) and when I went to breakfast, Joyce had everyone sing to me. when we were finished eating, the captain came over to wish me a HB. Getting into the pool, Gary had everyone sing to me. No matter where I went, I couldn't get away from being 1 year older. Before dinner, we went to the piano bar & the fellow that plays had everyone sing to me. We went into the dining room & everyone came up to me to wish me HB. After dinner they brought me a huge cake. Half the dining room came over to sing & two of the waiters each sang a solo to me. I got a lovely bracelet from Joyce that she bought in Shanghai & Stella gave me a beautiful shawl that she bought in India. The people (French) at the table next to us (8 of them) sang HB to me in French and the people at another table near us gave me a card. Lionel wrote me the most wonderful poem. What a Birthday spent on the Red Sea. It will be a long time before I forget this one.





No comments: